Business & Employment Immigration

Individuals who wish to work temporarily in the United States must hold a nonimmigrant visa specified for the type of work being performed and for the purpose of travel to the United States. Various categories (classifications) of nonimmigrant visas are available to individuals to work in the United States.


Labor Certification / PERM is a process by which a foreign worker can get an employment visa and a Green Card in the United States. Filing a Labor Certification / PERM is an important step for obtaining a Green Card on the basis of a job offer. At the time of application is filed the actual employment is not required.

The EB-2 preference class includes members of the professions holding advanced degrees and foreign nationals who, because of their exceptional ability in the sciences, arts or business, will substantially benefit the national economy, cultural or educational interests or welfare of the United States.


The EB-3 preference class includes skilled workers, professionals, and “other workers.” Skilled worker positions require a minimum of two (2) years of training or experience.

Individuals who wish to work temporarily in the United States must hold a nonimmigrant visa specified for the type of work being performed and for the purpose of travel to the United States. 

Employers in the United States may employ foreign nationals in specialty occupations pursuant to H-1B visa status.


A company located in any country may start a new company or purchase a company in the U.S. and pursuant to L-1 Visa, transfer its managers or specialists to the U.S.

Citizens of some 79 countries are eligible to receive an E-2 Investor Visa when they buy or start a self-managed business in the United States with approximately a $150,000 investment.


Visa for people with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and who are coming temporarily to the United States to continue work in the area of extraordinary ability. It is also available to individuals who have demonstrated extraordinary television or motion picture industry achievements.

The J-1 visa program allows individuals to enter the U.S. for a specified period, as part of an exchange visitor program sponsored by schools, businesses, and a diverse variety of organizations and institutions. 


Immigrants of “Extraordinary Ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business, or sport may obtain an EB-1A Visa and a Green Card without any requirements of having an employer, a job offer, or any other business interests in the U.S or abroad, as long as they intend to continue their professional activity in the U.S. and qualify based on meeting at least three out of ten stated qualifications...

The EB-5 immigrant investor visa program was established to create U.S. jobs by attracting foreign capital to the United States. It allows certain foreign investors to qualify for permanent residence. The basic requirements for this program are an investment of $1 million dollars (or $500,000 in high unemployment or rural area) in a commercial enterprise that will create full-time employment for at least ten (10) workers.

shutterstock_1949554579 (1).jpg

The EB-4 preference class includes religious workers, certain long-time employees of the U.S. government, and citizens of Iraq or Afghanistan that have worked for the U.S. Armed Forces as a translator for at least one (1) year.

The Religious Worker (R) visa is for foreign nationals coming to the United States temporarily to work in a religious capacity.